UPDATE: Summer band rehearsals were scheduled to begin on July 13. Upon learning of certain students contracting the COVID-19 virus, the GBS administration has postponed all onsite activities at the school through July 14, at the earliest. Updates to the rehearsal schedule will be announced as soon as new information becomes available.
AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED: We are excited to announce that summer band rehearsals will begin Monday, July 13th! Students may attend either in-person or online sessions. As student health and safety is the top priority, strict guidelines have been established to ensure a safe set of rehearsals.
Rehearsals will be conducted in small groups at the school, scheduled as a series of three 1-hour sessions. Sign Up Here to select your block — either July 13, July 15 and August 4 or July 14, July 16 and August 6. As explained above, some or all of these dates will be rescheduled.
|Block Option 1||Block Option 2|
|Monday, 7/13||Tuesday, 7/14|
|Wednesday, 7/15||Thursday, 7/16|
|Tuesday, 8/4||Thursday, 8/6|
Rehearsal groups will be limited to 9 students and conducted either by Mr. Russell or Mr. Boron. Students should sign up for only 1 time slot, which will accommodate a 10 minute check-in and 50 minute rehearsal. Once rehearsals begin, there will be no changing of groups, dates or times.
- Please download and print the District 225 Informed Consent and Waiver, which must be signed before students are allowed in the rehearsal.
- Rehearsals will take place outside. Please be prepared with anything you may need (sunscreen, bug spray, etc.).
- As access to the building will be limited, please plan on bringing your own water. You will not be allowed to use indoor water fountains or share water.
- If you have your own music stand, please bring that, as well as a pencil.
- All students are required to wear a mask. If you are not wearing a mask, you will not be permitted to attend rehearsal.
- You must always wear a mask when not playing your instrument.
- Percussionists and Color Guard members are required to wear a mask at all times.
- Student check-in will be conducted outside in the West parking lot. The check-in line will be marked and everyone must maintain a 6-foot distance while waiting.
- Every student must check in with Mr. Russell or Mr. Boron before entering the building. Please have your ID number ready so it can be entered into a system.
- Students may self-certify through the district’s COVID Survey site prior to arrival. Those who have not completed the short survey will have their temperature checked. Any student whose temperature is over 100.4 cannot attend rehearsal and will need to be immediately picked up.
- Once cleared, students will be directed to their own specific rehearsal spot. Do not remove your mask or assemble your instrument until instructed to do so.
- If indoor entry is necessary, students will enter and exit through Door O (the Auditorium entrance).
- Parents: please be at the school to pick up your student at the designated time. Please do not exit your car while waiting for your student. The following group cannot begin their rehearsal until all students from the previous group have left campus.
- Students who need to rent a school-owned instrument should reach out to Mr. Russell and Mr. Boron as soon as possible to request an instrument.
- Please make sure your instrument is in working order before coming to rehearsal. Students are responsible for bringing all equipment necessary for instrument maintenance (reeds, oil, grease, etc.). Students will not be allowed to share these items, and they will not be available for use from the school.
- All material covered during in-person rehearsals will be available as assignments in Google Classroom. The recordings you submit will receive feedback. You will not be penalized by completing the virtual rehearsals instead of attending sessions at the school.
- Classrooms from the 2019-2020 school year have been reactivated. If you do not have access or are new to the band program, please contact Mr. Boron to be added.
We want this to be a positive experience for all band members. Rehearsals can only take place if these guidelines and procedures are carefully adhered to. By taking these precautions seriously, you are ensuring safe and enjoyable rehearsals for yourself and your band family