The Glenbrook South Marching Titans is a co-curricular activity made up of students from Titan Band, Symphonic Band and Symphonic Winds. The Marching Band performs during the summer and fall at parades and home football games, while competing at several Chicagoland marching festivals.
In addition to their normal class time, students are required to attend a week of Band Camp during the summer as well as special Tuesday and Thursday evening rehearsals that run through the fall. Juniors and seniors are permitted to take a P.E. class exemption for the duration of the marching season.
With the Board-approved plan for reopening and guidance from the IHSA, we are proud to announce our plans for Marching Band! We are excited to be able to provide positive experiences for our students while maintaining our top priority of student health and safety.
We will be continuing with our selected repertoire of “Rhapsody in Blue” and “Fascinating Rhythm” by George Gershwin. We will not be marching on the field. Instead, we will maintain a safe distance while playing from a stationary position. While football has been postponed and marching band competitions have been canceled, we are dedicated to providing stationary performance opportunities for our students. We will be announcing plans to perform as we get further into the season.
Recent Marching Band Announcements
- Oct 27 rescheduled Band-O-Rama & Senior Recognition NightJoin us on Tuesday, October 27 at 7:30pm at the football stadium for the annual Band-O-Rama performance and Senior Recognition Night, rescheduled from the original rained-out Oct 20th date.
- Sep 15 Large Group RehearsalsBeginning Sep 15, large group rehearsals will run on Tues and Thurs evenings.
- Aug 9 Band Director UpdateInformation for the upcoming school year
- Aug 10-14 Band CampClick for schedule
- July 16/17: Virtual RehearsalsBand meetings to be conducted virtually. Click for connection details.
2020/2021 Marching Band Dates
|August 10-14||Band Camp|
|October 20||Band-O-Rama (& Senior Night)|
|November 28||Glenview Santa Parade|
|May 31||Memorial Day Parade|
|July 4||4th of July Parade|
See the Fees page for this year’s expenses required of all participants.
See the Uniforms page for each ensemble’s performance wear.
Know what to expect in the Guide to Marching & Band Camp
See what judges look for in our Guide to Competitions
Get the latest Marching Titan results at Illinois Marching Online
View past shows from the Show Archive